1. The Happiness Project by Gretchin Ruben – I started reading this book based on the recommendation of my best friend, Emily. I’ve loved it. It’s thoughtfully-written and thought-provoking. It’s been a great reminder to be intentional about being happy (and to not be ashamed of it). Many of the quotes I’ve added to the blog lately are from the book.
2. The Body Shop® Satsuma Eau de toilette – This scent literally stopped me in my tracks in the mall last week. I’m picky about perfume, but this is light, bright and energizing. I immediately snatched some up and the body butter, too.
3. Momofuku Milk Bar Compost Cookies® – Yes, that’s a cookie. But it’s the best cookie I’ve ever tasted. The recipe includes random ingredients like ground coffee and potato chips (that’s probably why they’re also called “garbage cookies”), but it’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet. It’s my favorite cookie, ever. Many thanks to Emily for her mad baking skills and for introducing me to the cookie to end all cookies.
4. Smith’s Rosebud Salve – I was introduced to this all-purpose balm by the clerk at Sephora while buying #7. I was complaining about how lip stains can be drying and she recommended I try applying it before the stain. Apparently this stuff has been around since 1892 and it has a faint antique rose scent. And I may never by another lip balm again.
5. Paracosm by Washed Out – You may be familiar with Washed Out’s track “Feel It All Around” used as Portlandia’s intro. The latest album by Washed Out, Paracosm, is easy-listening, futuristic, dreamy. It’s great background music to counter the slump of I-need-a-nap afternoons. Favorite track? “It All Feels Right.”
6. The POREfessional PRO balm – I got a small sample of this and I’m loving every dollop. This silky, lightweight balm goes to work under makeup to reduce pores and smooth skin. I’m a fan.
7. Sephora Cream Lip Stain – I finally found it: my favorite lip stain. With a satin texture that transforms the longer you wear it, I want it in every single color. Hats off to Sephora for creating this — and at only $12.