1. Meyer’s Clean Day Liquid Hand Soap – Lavender – This soap smells amazing. Plain and simple. From Mrs. Meyers: “A special recipe of aloe vera gel, olive oil and a unique blend of natural essential oils to create a hard working, non-drying, yet softening cleanser for busy hands. Hands have never had it so good.” True, true. $4
2. Morningstar Farms®Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers – We’ve been eating these black bean burgers at least once a week — and they’re delicious. With tons of flavor, they’re a total indulgence, even though they have 73% less fat than a regular burger. $5
3. lolo BeatBurn Elliptical Trainer – This is one of those apps that has changed everything. Gone are boring count-down-the-minute workouts, thanks to lolo’s Beatburn training apps. It’s a personal trainer on your iPhone, coaching you through interval-based training on the elliptical (and they have apps for the treadmill, stationary bike and even yoga). Add your own music playlist from your iPhone library and the app processes each song based on beats per minute — plugging them in throughout the workout based on their speed. It’s been worth every penny –and more. $1.99
4. F.lux – This software for your Mac (or jail-broken iPhone) adjusts the color of your computer’s display to adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day. Studies are suggesting how bad blue light is for sleep patterns, and I’m a believer. After using F.lux for only a week, I’ve noticed the difference in how my computer and phone make me “feel,” especially at night — it’s a lot less “jolting” and yes, even much less stressful.
5. Benefit ChaCha tinted lip & cheek stains – I got a sampler of these lip and cheek stains as a bridesmaid’s gift from my best friend Emily — and I’m not sure how I lived without them. All of the colors are remarkably natural — even the mango — which is incredibly coral at first. $29
6. Woolite Heavy Traffic Carpet Cleaning – Dogs are the best. But, when it comes to my poor rugs … anyway, I’ve tried just about every carpet and upholstery cleaner down the aisle at the grocery store, but this stuff is the best for cleaning dirt (and other unmentionables) and it leaves a fresh, “non-dog” scent. $5
7. HBO’s Girls – Judge me all you want, but I look forward to this show every week. Yes, it’s incredibly uncomfortable at times, but I can’t help but see a little of myself (and close friends) in each of the characters. It just has an air of nostalgia about it — like college, when everything was still unsettled, in transition, messy. I guess I can look back to that time with fondness now, and I find myself wishing the characters could know that someday they will, too.